Today’s Prompt is Ten Things That Make Me Happy:
- When my husband tells me he loves me — after 25 years together, this still makes my world spin
- When I hear my children laugh together — the moments when they play together without fighting and their laughter fills the air sends my soul soaring
- Sipping coffee while reading my favorite blogs — it is like having all my friends in my home without having to clean!
- The moment when all the laundry is done — admittedly a rare feeling but a true one!
- Reading a book that makes me forget time — ever since I was little, I love getting caught up in the magic of a book
- Looking at my sweet children as they sleep — pure joy, I tell you. Pure joy!
- Thrifting — I love finding a hidden treasure. Watch out if you tell me you like what I’m wearing, I’ve been known to brag — brag about how cheap it was! 🙂
- Having a full pantry — I love the feeling I have after shopping when the house is full of food and I know that we are blessed and full of bounty.
- The beach — there is no place in this world that makes me happier. I feel the most myself and at peace when walking in the waves.
- My friends and family — I am so blessed by my husband, children, my parents, my brother and his family, my in-laws and all my extended family. I am also blessed by a great set of friends — I have had the same best friend since I was nine. I have an embarrassment of riches here.
- (Secret number 11) Acting — I didn’t list it in my ten as it is not part of my daily life but it still lives in my heart.
Finally, I’m happy to be participating in the challenge by Jenni at Story of My Life.