Today I am back playing with my friends Evin and Shelley. Today I the theme is the ball I dropped. I have dropped so many balls, I don’t even know where to start. It is a side effect of trying to juggle too much — balls must hit the ground.
Balls I Have Dropped:
- Taking full advantage of the opportunities provided me by going to acting school — Fear is a very powerful force. Much like gravity, it pulls me down.
- Sleep training — My kids were terrible sleepers as babies and I couldn’t stand the crying so now I have two children aged 7 and 10 constantly in my bed.
- Baby books, etc. — I started a beautiful baby book for Sonny-Bunny (child #1). It sits unfinished a decade later and let’s not even mention the lack of book for child #2. I have bins and bins of things I saved but the likelihood that they will make it into pretty books, pretty slim.
- Learning a language and using it — Multiple years of French have resulted in my ability to read Le Petit Prince and nothing more. If a French person spoke to me, I would simply smile and nod in my best Ugly American way.
- Friendships that have fallen away — I am thankful to FaceBook for bringing many lost friends back but I still find there are people I miss and have not yet found again.
- Saving money — Back in my twenties, my father told me if I could save 10% every pay check, I could easily have $1 million plus before retirement. This did not happen. Yes, I can and should start saving now but I will never get back that time.
- A million other things — you can’t get time back and you can sometimes get friends back but mostly I hope that the balls I have dropped have never hit anyone on the head.
Dropping balls is a part of my life. But I didn’t drop the ball on today’s challenge! It’s not too late to Come and Play! What balls have you dropped?